Friday, December 31, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! TIME WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!

I thought I wouldn't write on my blog until 2011.  My son is leaving for an internship in NYC tomorrow and since he's been helping me send my thoughts I thought I'd try to fly solo and do this myself!  So wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We had an eventful 2010.  Five out of six of my family members had a special birthday, our first grandchild was born, and our son graduated from UCSC.  It seemed like I was a party planner all year long!  KITCHEN ART helped me because I have learned to do things quickly and be inspired with the ideas and tools around me.

In December I was visiting my mom in NYC and of course one day we walked up Fifth Avenue to see the famous Christmas windows!  I enjoyed Lord and Taylor's windows which showed change throughout the decades.  Things change, but they also stay the same as what is most important is family, friends and peace on Earth.Here is one idea from KITCHEN ART to help you ring in the New Year with your family.

FUN FAVORS:

SILVER 'FIRECRACKERS':

INGREDIENTS:  recycled paper towel tube, tin foil, candies, note paper, recycled twist ties, glue.

TOOLS: scissors, glue brush, recycled jar lid, ruler

INSTRUCTION:  1. Cut tin foil to cover tube, leaving 2" extra on either end. 2.  Squirt glue into jar lid and glue tin foil in place.  Dry.  3.  Carefully twist one end closed with tie.  3.  Write out resolutions and good wishes for the New Year on your note paper.  Fill tube with candies and notes and twist other end closed. 4.  Give as a 'FIRECRACKER FAVOR' !!!

Happy New Year and hope you and your family have a warm and wonderful 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment