Sunday, September 5, 2010

Excited!!!

In February 2010 I attended The San Francisco Writer's Conference.  An excellent event; guest speakers, a vast selection of workshops, great food, plus something called 'Speed Dating".  On Valentine's Day I "speed dated" meeting a variety of agents as I pitched my perfected craft.  I was presenting both my middle-age novel and my 'Kitchen Art' how-to-book.  Some interest was shown in my novel but greater interest was expressed in "Kitchen Art'.  But the same questions were asked: Did I have a platform?  Did I have a blog? So many years earlier, when I had completed and complied my book, procrastination and fear daunted and haunted me. Back then, even in the nineties, before technology soared, publishers promoted books.  Today authors write AND promote!

While I start again---retesting all these projects--watching little hands create and bigger hands present (your ten-year -old can instruct while your five-year-old creates and you cook dinner)---you start stacking your shelves.  Food coloring, paper bags, all sizes, straws and paper plates, just to start.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment